Thanksgiving At Nana's

Saturday, January 5, 2008

6 More Days or 6 More Weeks

Six more long torturous days ... at this point I am more counting down the days for relief instead of wanting to see Liam and kiss his little cheeks. Is that wrong?

I'm trying not to complain but dude..... I am miserably soar, out of control swollen and all around cranky. In general I am a gifted sleeper however these days I toss and turn more than (there a good line here waiting to happen but I just can't finish it - any suggestions?)

The lack of sleep is due to the lack of circulation in my arms and hands. A condition they say is "normal" during pregnancy. I think I have permanent nerve damage in my finger tips.

Poor Jim, he refuses to sleep in the other room saying "if your miserable baby I'm miserable, we're making this baby together" as he smiles and kisses my head. He is a very funny man and he knows it.

6 more days,6 more days, 6 more days. Oh and then I am reminded how I swoll the f up even more after the baby was born last time, again something that "just happens". And the healing of Liam's 'escape route' ... Great ... 6 more WEEKS .. 6 more WEEKS ... 6 more WEEKS and counting.

4:46 am, guess my pessimistic numb self will try to jump back into the salad bowl and try try try again to sleep - hoping it will make the time go faster. Can I be any more pathetic. HAVE A GOOD DAY !!!

While browsing the blog pages I ran across this picture.. Does anyone else see how sick and wrong this picture is or is it just me?

1 comment:

Danielle & Barnabas said...

Ha! You think it is different for adoptive parents? I was up at 3:30 am with both arms completley numb having a panic attack about packing for a trip 8 weeks away. Then I rememebered that I forgot a friend's son's first birthday a few days ago and freaked out all over again right when I was almost back asleep at 5:15. At least my huby was nicer than yours, he slept in the other room. ;-)