Thanksgiving At Nana's

Thursday, January 3, 2008

8 Days and Counting

Technically this day is almost over so is it 8 days or 7 more to go? Either way, this time next week I will be packing a bag and spending my last night with my son, Jim and mom who will be coming into town for the big event. Maybe we can get her to come early and make us her famous burritos !!! HINT HINT MOM ... This will be my last meal for a while I am sure. From that point on it's coffee and cabbage until I can drop some of this weight - at least that is the plan along with a plan to stop the insulin which I believe is the main cause of such rapid weight gain.

Today Liam was monitored and all seems well. Fluid levels around him are good today and his movements and heartbeats did what they were suppose to. It has been a chore to go to the hospital twice a week, every week, to be monitored. On the other hand it give me the peace of mind hearing his heart beat and seeing him so often. I think about the ladies that only get one or two during their entire pregnancy and never get the reassurance that I do.

Congratulations to my girlfriend Lena who is 15 weeks along. I am so happy that she has the opportunity to experience such a blessing. She said today that she is feeling rumbling in her tummy or something like that. What an exciting journey she has in front of her. She's going to be a fantastic mom.

The luckiest of new moms however would go to my friend Danielle who gets to travel Vietnam here shortly instead of swelling, bloating, aching, stretching and all around turning her body into something that she can not quite identify. Her journey to mother hood has been a lot longer than 9 months. I can't wait to hold baby Norah - what a lucky little girl ....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi:

I am Sharmela from India. I was surfing out for biotech bloggers. For come reason I wanted to talk to you I do not know why?

Happy blogging!

Warm regards,

Sharmela.M

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharmela. Thanks for reading!

Danielle & Barnabas said...

Awww so sweet but so not true. Having your ovaries the size of grapefruits for fertility treatments, months of bedrest, weight gain and stretching from the hormone injections, plus the 4 surgeries.... I think that makes us even. Doesn't it count that I look pregnant? =) And waiting 1,001 million years for the kid to appear at the end of it all and not having a date that the kid will appear, well, that point goes to me. =) hehehe...

Danielle

Danielle & Barnabas said...

PS. You can still hold Norah. ;-)